Another update to Auto Fire has come down the pike! A lot has happened in the last couple of months, so it’s great to get a build out…
Thanks to Itch.io for providing the app and the Butler tool so I can more easily post patches in the future. It’s like Steam for the rest of us. 🙂 Checking out Perforce and my Trello, here are some things that went down:
- Added an automap so you can see where the hell you’re going. You can bring it up with the [Q] key.
- Added a faction system. Each sector has a generated gang that rules it, and a boss that controls each combat zone. Defeating the boss clears the zone.
- Boss arc now includes escalations that spur the bosses to taunt their forces and you with procedurally-generated shouts.
- The quest system had some work done on it. Now the player is automatically assigned a quest to take out bosses of places they conquer.
- You can check out the current quests in the Character menu, by pressing [Tab]
- Quest completion now has a dialog box and some information on the results.
- The encounter dialog has a new layout, and it shouldn’t justify its text strangely anymore.
- The Shotgun soldiers are much less deadly than they were.
- Unity 2018.3 update, which should improve terrain performance a bit.
- Some of the road decals had dreadful performance, so exterior spaces run a bit better now as a result.
- Toying around with a little bit more of an intro on the title screen.
- I’m trying an outline shader on all gameplay objects to help them pop from the background.
- Pulled up and adjusted the lighting to mellow some of the hard shadows that was creating visual noise. Terrain is a fair amount brighter now.
- The garage looks a bit less out of place now. Still work to consolidate the colors.
- Difficulty now represented with bullets.
- Time slows when you die.
- Armor sides weren’t appearing on the vehicle with the proper direction.
- Multiple Line of Sight fixes. You should not be able to be hit through obstructions now. Fog uncovering on the map, the fire arc grid, and actual combat should all reliable return the same LOS results.
- The player was able to exploit a bug that allowed them to use any side weapon against enemies in any direction. Fixed.
- Removed some visual stray VFX sprites on the scouts.
- The (correct) car model appears again on the inventory and garage menus.
- Exploding barrels had stopped harming things. Fixed now.
- Vehicle models now have manufacturer logo in info.
Check out version 0.5.5 here: